Olive Oil Roasted Eggplant with Lemon
● 1 large eggplant
● 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
● Salt and pepper to taste
● 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
2. Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise, then cut each half into quarters lengthwise. Cut each of those in half to make two shorter quarters. Place the eggplant onto the baking sheet with the skin side down. Brush each piece with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in the preheated oven until softened and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve hot.
Grease pan with a touch of olive oil or use parchment paper or aluminum foil for easier clean-up.
Leave a Reply