So you have a New Years resolution to starting eating healthy and exercising?
This is one of the most common things that we hear every January 1st. Whether it be a new weight loss diet or going to the gym everyday, New Years resolutions can often be hard to follow. How many people are successful in following their New Years resolutions for a long period of time? Not very many. Here are some tips that can help you stick to your goals and improve your health!
1. Don’t make unrealistic goals. A very restrictive diet or planning to go to the gym every single day is not obtainable for most people.
2. Start slow. Try changing one habit at a time to avoid overwhelming yourself.
3. Write your goals down and post them somewhere you will see them on a daily basis (refrigerator, bathroom mirror).
4. Start planning! Plan healthy meals in advance and decide what days you will have the most time to exercise during the week.
5. If you slip away from your goals one day, don’t sweat it! Simply resume your healthy lifestyle the next day. We all deserve cheat days!
Here is to a New Year filled with happiness and health!