Makes: 8 servings
1 cup water or chicken stock
3 cloves garlic, smashed
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons sea salt (less if your chili powder contains salt)
4-5 spins of freshly ground black pepper
1 medium onion, cut into quarters
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4-5 chicken breasts)
1-2 limes, juiced for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix the water (or stock), garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken breasts to Crockpot.
- Pour liquid mixture over the chicken and place onion on top of breasts.
- Cook 2-3 hours on high, or 4-5 hours on low, until internal temperature of each breast is 165°F.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks. Squeeze lime juice over meat before serving.