Honey Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
6 T honey
2 to 3 T olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried thyme
¾ tsp dried rosemary
½ tsp red chili flakes
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2lbs chicken breasts, trimmed
1 ½ lbs baby red potatoes, quartered
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 lb green beans, trimmed
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, one tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Stir well to mix.
3. Place the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the top. Seal and toss the chicken to evenly coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. While the chicken marinates, place the potatoes and cherry tomatoes on a sheet pan. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and stir to coat. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and add the green beans to the potatoes and tomatoes, tossing to combine.
6. Remove the marinated chicken from the bag, reserving the remaining marinade. Place the marinated chicken, evenly spaced, on top of the vegetables. Pour the reserved marinade over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
7. Return the sheet pan to the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes, periodically basting the chicken breasts with the pan juices, until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon the pan juices over the top of each chicken breast before serving.