Chia Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
By Stephanie May, Campus Dining Registered Dietitian
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Makes: 15 cookies
1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup raisins
1 tablespoon creamy nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew, sunflower)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the chia seeds and almond milk and let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes until a gel-like consistency is formed; best if stirred every few minutes.
3. Pour the chia seed gel into a medium-sized mixing bowl, and add in the mashed bananas, oats, almonds, nut butter and cinnamon. Combine slowly then gently stir in the raisins.
4. Scoop out a generous tablespoon of the mixture onto a greased cookie sheet and use a form to press down the mixture. Batch should yield about 15 cookies.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies have browned.
6. Remove from oven, cool and enjoy. Cookies should last 4-5 days in an airtight container or can be frozen to enjoy at a later time!
Serving size: 1 cookie
Calories: 60, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 4 mg, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 2 g
Inspired by Hello Healthy http://ow.ly/i/iiWjB